24h Spot Study
Study Summary:Eurofins Alba are looking for male and female volunteers aged 18-45 to take part in a 24h Spot study.The purpose of the study is to evaluate the performance of an spot treatment over 24 hoursYou will be invited to attend three visits to the study centre based in Edinburgh, Broughton Street (EH1).
You will be required to have at least one facial spot to take part.
You will be required to attend three visit to the test centre in Broughton Street, Edinburgh. The study will run between Wednesday 14 February 2024 – Friday 16 February 2024.
The following Inclusion Criteria will be used during subject screening and recruitment:
· Healthy Males & Female aged 18 – 45.
· Has self-assessed sensitive skin (on their face).
· Fitzpatrick skin type I-IV.
· Has at least one active spot (Papule, pustule or whitehead).
· Has experience using spot treatment (cosmetic) in the past.
· Has no oedema, and no greater than slight (1) dryness of the test site.
· Willing to refrain from using any new cosmetics or beauty products for the duration of the study.
· Able to communicate well with the investigator and to comply with the requirements of the entire study.
· Provision of written informed consent to participate as shown by a witnessed signature on the Subject Consent Form.
· Willing and able to remain in the test centre for the duration of the study.
· Be willing to have photographs taken and sign an image release form.
· Willing to adhere to all study restrictions and requirements.
The following Exclusion Criteria will be used during subject screening and recruitment:
· Those who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
· Those taking medications which, in the opinion of test personnel, may affect test results.
· Those who have received treatment with sympathomimetics, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, and/or systemic or topical corticosteroids within one week of study initiation.
· Those who have a history of acute or chronic dermatological, medical, and/or physical conditions which would preclude application of the test material and/or could influence the outcome of the study.
· Those suffering from any medical or skin condition which, in the opinion of the test personnel, will automatically exclude them from participating in the study.
· Those with a history of skin cancer or is currently undergoing treatment for active cancer of any kind.
· Thise suffering from insulin-dependent diabetes.
· Current skin disease or skin disorder.
· Those with a known allergy to any of the ingredients of the test product.
Subjects will be requested to observe the following restrictions during the course of their participation in the study:
· Not to use aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs, antihistamines, or corticosteroids for the duration of the study (paracetamol is permissible for pain relief). Subjects are requested to alert test personnel of any changes to medication during this study and are informed that certain medications are an exclusion criterion and may results in their withdrawal from the study.
· Refrain from applying any products to their face, including moisturisers and make up prior to their study visits (face wash the morning of their visits is requested)
· Refrain from picking, popping or excessively touching the area of their face being assessed.
· Refrain from consuming any alcohol within 12 hours of assessment visits and for the duration of the visit.
· Refrain from smoking (including e-cigarettes) 12 hours of assessment visits and for the duration of the visit.
If you complete the study you will receive £100 expenses.
Please note all expenses will be provided in a cheque written to your name only.
Due to cancellations and no shows most of our studies will be over recruited, this is done to ensure that we complete each study with the correct number of volunteers.
Therefore, once we have reached our maximum limit, we are unable to accept any additional volunteers onto the study. Where possible we will try our best to contact you before you attend.